2016 was a great year for SEFL! From opening new service center doors and celebrating service center anniversaries to achieving standards of quality among our associates and in our industry, SEFL truly has had a successful year.
In celebration of the end of one year and the beginning of the next, we’d like to share just some of the highlights of SEFL in 2016:
New Service Centers
This year, we were able to expand and grow even more by opening new Service Centers to reach more customers! Here are a few of the new Service Centers:
- Cincinnati, OH
- Garland, TX
- Odessa, TX
- Lexington, KY (ground breaking)
- Florence, KY
We had quite a few Service Centers celebrate notable anniversaries this year. We’re proud of all of our Service Centers that continue to provide quality service to our customers!
- Montgomery (MGM) – 25 years
- Huntsville (HSV) – 25 years
- New Orleans (NRL) – 20 years
- Augusta (AUG) – 40 years
- Shreveport (SHV) – 20 years
- Baton Rouge (BTR) – 20 years
- Hazlehurst (HAZ) – 35 years
- Valdosta (VAL) – 35 years
Platinum Service Centers
This year, we announced that 3 of our service centers achieved our Platinum goals in 2015 – Montgomery, South Charlotte, and Jackson, TN. To achieve Platinum, a Service Center must make at least 86% of their goals in 7 key processes (inbound transit time, outbound transit, claims ratio, revenue attainment, load average, P&D cost ratio, and dock efficiency).
Once again, we congratulate the associates of Montgomery, South Charlotte, and Jackson for their exceptional work! We look forward to announcing 2016’s Platinum winners!
In 2015, SEFL associates racked up 2,500 hours of community service! We hope we beat that in 2016! Here are just some of the many projects our amazing associates participated in this year:
- El Paso served families living in the local Ronald McDonald House a home cooked meal.
- Greenville associates helped repair the playground at Pendleton Place in downtown Greenville.
- Nashville delivered donations to the wildfire victims of Sevier County, TN.
- South Charlotte volunteered with Samaritan’s Feet International in their shoe-processing warehouse.
- Columbia participated in the World’s Largest Truck Convoy to benefit the South Carolina Special Olympics.
- We’re incredibly proud of all of our servant-minded associates and their willingness to serve their communities!
The Great SEFL Photo Challenge of 2016
This year, we challenged our social media followers and fans to share all of their awesome SEFL photos with us using the hashtag #SEFLPhotoChallenge. We received tons of pictures, and we put them all together in one collage!
This past year we were featured in numerous industry articles. If you missed any of them, check them out here:
- Commercial Carrier Journal: “What’s in an ETA? Tech helps fleets gain an upper hand in e-commerce”
- Transport Topics: “Truck Techs Keeping Busy With Aftertreatment Issues”
- Fleet Equipment: “ATRI seeks fleet manager input on fuel economy and fuel usage”
- Truck Parts & Service: “Aftermarket Dialogue panel tackles industry’s biggest issues”
- Transport Topics: “New Engine Oils Coming in December”
In this blog from March, we gave an overview of awards we received in 2015, which included Expeditors’ 2015 Environmental Partner of the Year, Logistics Management’s 2015 Quest for Quality Award, and BASF’s Supplier of the Year Less Than Truckload Award!
In May of this year, the Virginia Trucking Association presented its annual Safety Awards, and SEFL received one for having the lowest 2015 Virginia accident frequency rate! We were also so excited to announce that we received Top Honors for Excellence in Uniform Design!
Finally, we were presented with the Lowe’s Service Award 2015 for the 9th year in a row! “We simply cannot achieve this honor year-over-year without a strong commitment to our quality improvement process and belief, alignment, and teamwork across all of our service centers and individual associates.”
A Year of Thought Leadership
Two SEFL team members, JD Ross and Rachel Beebe, took on the challenge of writing Pulse posts about leadership this year, which we shared to our LinkedIn page. If you missed any of them, click on the links below to read:
- Placement Based on Strengths
- Serve Selling
- A Different Look at ROI
- Going Social: Why You Can’t Ignore Social Media
- Logistics – The Next Great Frontier
- The Journey of a Generation X Executive into Social Media
- A Lesson in Business From My 92-Year-Old Grandfather
- Rise Above The Noise of Social Media
Rachel Beebe – Principles of Good Human Relations
- #1 – People Need to Feel Important
- #2 – People Want to be Treated as Individuals
- #3 – People Want Fair and Consistent Treatment
- #4 – People Tend to Live Up to What is Expected of Them
- #5 – People Crave Feedback
- #6 – People Want to be In-The-Know
We’d like to take this time to thank all of our incredible customers, associates, friends, and family. Without you all, SEFL wouldn’t be the successful company it is today! Thank you for your commitment to upholding our standards of quality, our process for quality improvement, and our beliefs and values. We look forward to another year of Quality Without Question!